There are bright brands that even a child can give an example. It is a pleasure to do business with them, they have become established in the consumer as trustworthy, it is difficult to imagine life without them. Such recognition was preceded by painstaking work on branding. Not the last role was played by the positioning of the brand, which formed such a positive image for the consumer.
What is brand positioning?
Brand promotion strategy begins precisely with positioning. What is the essence of the process? In searching and formulating an image, choosing a niche, conveying the image to consumers through pre-selected communication channels. The correct positioning allows you to stand out among similar brands, to gain a foothold in the consumer's mind, and to influence the image of his thoughts. And he will buy the products of this particular company without even considering other options. If you are interested in free background check online, follow the link to find out more.
Steps to the goal
This process is not the case when it is possible to solve such a difficult task in one approach. The work is phased. Both the positioning of the personal brand and the company takes place according to this algorithm. What will have to be done?
- Draw a portrait of the target audience , identify pain points - needs and fears.
- Study competitors , their offers, determine whether their product solves the CA task.
- Create a unique selling proposition (USP) based on certain characteristics that would distinguish the brand from others. A successful UTP draws attention to the product in a fraction of a second.
- Develop a road map: choose the type of positioning, determine how to end up in the consumer's basket.
Types of brand positioning
Positioning is divided according to some parameters:
- Attribute. Offering unique features and product characteristics (energy in Reb Bull).
- Benefit. The consumer is looking for it. This type will help highlight and emphasize the benefit. Like Volvo safety.
- Category. Emphasis is especially appropriate when entering the market, introducing an innovative product. There is a chance that the brand will turn into a generic name - like Xerox, which became Xerox.
- Consumer. Direct appeal to the CA, proposal of a solution developed specifically for her. "For those who do" ("For those who do"), Lenovo. To learn more about people's legacy, follow the link.
- The price Suitable for a niche with a lot of competition. You can focus attention on a lower cost or vice versa - on a higher one, but also for an emphatically higher quality of the product.
- Prestige. Luxury goods/services. The positioning of the Tiffany company, as well as Rolex and Porsche, was successful - consumers associate them with luxury.
- A competitor. The brand is in opposition to competitors, but is not afraid to emphasize it. Like Burger King to McDonald's.